Looking for a pre-shave oil that won’t leave your cheeks feeling greasy, oily, or weighed down? Then you may want to stay tuned for our review of the Supreme Glide Pre-Shave Oil.
This review will look at the performance, composition, value, and packaging of the Supreme Glide Pre-Shave Oil. We’ll also give you our thoughts on who we think this product is best suited for.
So, without further ado, let’s jump right in!
Understanding what is inside a pre-shave oil is equally, if not more, important than understanding how it works. After all, you are putting this stuff on your face and then dragging a very sharp blade across it. So, you want to make sure that the ingredients are not only effective but also safe.
The Supreme Glide Pre-Shave Oil is made with a blend of natural oils, including aloe vera leaf juice, meadowfoam seem, organic bilberry, witch hazel, and many other natural ingredients.
Together, these ingredients provide a protective barrier between your skin and the razor, helping to reduce irritation, redness, and inflammation.
But what takes it to the next level is the thought and care that has gone into the composition of this pre-shave oil. For example, aloe vera leaf juice is a natural anti-inflammatory that helps to soothe and calm the skin.
Meanwhile, the organic bilberry extract contains tannins which help to contract and tone the skin. And the meadowfoam seed oil provides long-lasting hydration without clogging pores.
In other words, this pre-shave oil has been specifically designed to provide the optimal shaving experience. And based on our experience, it definitely delivers.
When measuring the performance of pre-shave oil, there are a few key things to look at.
- First, how well does it lubricate the skin? Good pre-shave oil should provide a slick surface for the razor to glide over, helping to reduce friction and irritation.
- Second, how well does it protect the skin? You’re looking for an oil that will create a barrier between your skin and the razor, helping to reduce nicks, cuts, and irritation.
- And third, how comfortable does it feel on the skin? While lubrication is an important consideration, the nourishing aspects help to take it to the next level.
The Supreme Glide Pre-Shave Oil ticks all of these boxes and then some.
To start, it goes on smoothly and evenly, providing a nice, even layer of protection. And it only takes a small amount to cover the entire face, so the 8oz bottle will last for quite some time.
As for lubrication, this pre-shave oil does an excellent job of keeping the razor gliding smoothly over the skin. We didn’t experience tugging, pulling, or irritation while using this beloved Merkur 38C Barberpole Safety Razor.
But the Supreme Glide Pre-Shave Oil really shines in its ability to nourish and condition the skin. The aloe vera leaf juice, meadowfoam seed oil, and other natural ingredients work together to hydrate and soothe the skin.
And we found that our skin felt softer, smoother, and more hydrated after using this pre-shave oil.
The smell of this oil is hardly noticeable. The best we could describe is a light, citrus scent that is not overpowering. So if you have a strongly scented shaving cream, such as the Chiseled Face Shaving Soap or Proraso Shaving Cream, you won’t have to worry about conflicting two fragrances.
There is no denying that paying $31.49 for pre-shave oil seems absurd. But when you compare it to other pre-shave oils on the market, it’s actually very competitively priced.
For example, the 8oz Art of Shaving Pre-Shave Oil retails for $90 (over double the price of the Supreme Glide Pre-Shave Oil).
Meanwhile, the 2oz Taconic Shave Pre-Shave Oil we reviewed retails for $13.95, which equates to about $6.98 per ounce. To put that into perspective, the Supreme Glide Pre-Shave Oil costs $3.94 per ounce, which is a significant savings.
So, when comparing the price to similar products on the market, the Supreme Glide Pre-Shave Oil is a pretty good deal.
The pump-top bottle makes it easy to dispense the perfect amount of oil. And the 8oz size will last for quite some time, even with regular use.
The only downside is that it’s not travel-friendly. So if you’re looking for a pre-shave oil to take with you on your travels, this may not be the best option.
Other Products By Crown Shaving Co.
Have you ever heard the saying, “Do one thing and do it well”? Well, that’s precisely what Crown Shaving Co. has done with their line of shaving products.
While they offer a few other items, such as their Tobacco Aftershave and eucalyptus-based shaving cream, they focus on quality in their product line rather than adding several variations. So with that said, the Supreme Glide Pre-Shave Oil is their only pre-shave offering.
Alternatives to the Supreme Glide Pre-Shave Oil
If you’re looking for an alternative to the Supreme Glide Pre-Shave Oil, there are a few other options on the market worth considering.
- The first is the Proraso Pre-Shave Cream. This pre-shave cream has more of an inviting scent, thanks to the addition of eucalyptus and menthol. We found it to be equally effective as the Supreme Glide Pre-Shave Oil in terms of lubrication and protection, but it doesn’t quite match up regarding the nourishing properties. Check out the full review of Proraso pre shave cream here.
- Another option is the Taconic Shave Pre-Shave Oil. This oil is on the thinner side, which makes it a bit easier to apply. And while it’s not quite as nourishing as the Supreme Glide Pre-Shave Oil, it does provide an excellent barrier between the skin and the razor.
- Finally, the Art of Shaving Pre-Shave Oil is another excellent option. This oil is very thick and creamy, making it a bit tougher to apply evenly. But once you get it on your face, it does a great job protecting the skin and keeping the razor gliding smoothly.
View the complete comparison of leading pre-shave oils in this comprehensive guide.
The Supreme Glide Pre-Shave Oil is an excellent product that does an admirable job of protecting, lubricating and nourishing the skin.
Here’s a summary of our results:
|Composition||Great blend of oils that provide excellent lubrication and protection. Expect to be pleased with the performance of this oil.||95|
|Performance||Lubrication and protection are on point. The razor glides smoothly and effortlessly over the skin.||100|
|Fragrance||We loved the light, refreshing scent of the oil. It’s not too overpowering and won’t conflict with your favorite shaving cream or soap.||90|
|Value||While it may seem expensive at first glance, the Supreme Glide Pre-Shave Oil is very competitively priced (if not cheaper) compared to similar products on the market.||95|
|Packaging||The pump-top bottle is easy to use and dispenses the perfect amount of oil. The only downside is that it’s not very travel-friendly.||90|
|Overall||We were very impressed with the Supreme Glide Pre-Shave Oil, and we think you will be too. This is a great option to consider if you’re looking for a quality pre-shave oil.||94|