Whether you just had a long day at the office or you have incredibly cold floors in your house, the best slippers designed for men’s naturally wider feet can make all the difference in the world when it comes to comfort.
Now if the last pair of slippers you owned were highly inspired by a certain cartoon mouse, then it’s about time you get up to speed on the latest slippers available for men on the market that will have your feet feeling incredibly comfortable and warm.
11 Best Slippers For Men Reviewed
From root beer to moss and every shade in between comes these highly reviewed and wildly popular moccasins by Taramac.
Featuring a leather outer shell coupled with a synthetic sole, these easy on/off moccasins will provide incredible comfort and warmth for your toes and heel.
The inner sole of these moccasins is constructed from memory foam for added comfort to your feet with prolonged use.
Speaking of prolonged use, once you put these on you will likely never want to take them off given their rubber bottoms allowing for additional wear and tear both indoors and out when doing the weekend chores.
As a dash of character, the front of the moccasin features a decorative lace that adds distinction when you read through your favorite news articles on a Sunday morning with a hot cup of joe.
Dressed in a variety of fabrics and patterns, this slipper from Acorn is the complete package for men. Relying on cotton and fleece and textured uppers, the Acorn Moc Slipper is great for the animal-conscious men out there that want a quality slipper without having to rely on natural animal hides.
But beyond the animal-friendly craftsmanship this slipper has to offer, the Acorn Moc contains a natural blend lining for ultimate moisture control and breathability. Therefore you should be able to comfortably wear these slippers without having to worry about swampy toes.
To further add to the overall natural comfort of the Acorn Moc slipper, the insoles have plenty of support that should adequately keep the heel and general foot pain at bay when walking around the house.
But like any man, you will need to go grab your daily paper at the end of the driveway in the morning, rather than sliding on a pair of cold sneakers, you can keep the Acorn Mocs on as they feature a rubber sole for such an occasion.
If you are still skeptical about the quality of these slippers given their all-natural fabric, you will be happy to know that ‘astronauts on every NASA expedition since 1982 have worn Acorn slippers’.
Therefore, these slippers are truly out of this world?
From the highly respected Canadian brand primarily known for their incredibly well-crafted winter boots, Sorel knows a thing or two when it comes to comfort and durability.
The Falcon Ridge slipper by Sorel is crafted from a leather shell and moccasin toe to keep your feet fully protected from the harsh cold and drafty air.
But where this slipper really shines is with its wool-blend inner lining. Wool will do a terrific job at keeping the temperature of your feet well regulated.
Therefore, if you are incredibly annoyed like most men of the thought of sweaty toes in your slippers you shouldn’t have that issue with the Sorel Men’s Falcon Ridge slipper.
To further add to the integrity along with the increased durability of the Falcon Ridge, there is a rubber bottom that should be adequate for house chores.
When it comes to the best slippers for men, the Falcon Ridge by Sorel will be at the top of the list.
4. For Plantar Fasciitis: Orthofeet Plantar Fasciitis Pain Relief Slippers
- Suede exterior is both durable and soft
- Cushioned insole provides ample heel support and arch support
- Comes with a 60-day wear test
Recommended For: Men who suffer aches and pain due to plantar fasciitis
As any man can tell you, having plantar fasciitis can make it extraordinarily painful to just simply walk around the house. In order to prevent such aches and pains, here’s a pair of slippers that you may want to consider especially if you have plantar fasciitis or heel spurs:
- Adherence to A5500 ensures these have been designed properly
Unlike so many other slippers that are marketed as being able to help with foot pain, we were delighted to come across the Orthofeet slippers as they were one of the few that are qualified therapeutic slippers according to A5500 (learn more).
The deep heel and memory foam cushioned footbed will help provide support whether you are wearing these indoors or outdoors.
Furthermore, the width of these slippers is also a welcome addition for those men with wide feet.
- Rubber sole is great for outdoor use
Whether you go and grab the morning paper or are taking out the kitchen trash, the rubber sole on these slippers increases durability and allows for a non-slip grip. This is particularly important if you are out early and the driveway is slick with morning dew or ice.
- Faux fur may cause excessive heat
While the interior lining on these slippers is ‘wool-like’ they are made from a synthetic fabric. While its moisture-wicking abilities should be adequate, given that this is a closed-toe slipper, it may be prone to sweat buildup. With the suede uppers, these slippers are hand wash only.
- Specially made slippers for plantar fasciitis
- Perfect for indoor and outdoor use
- Keeps your feet comfortable and warm
- Footbed provides both great arch support and shock absorption
- Not machine washable
What You Need To Know
5. For Sweaty Feet: RockDove Men’s Memory Foam Slide Slipper
- Open-toe design will make your feet cooler
- Slippers can be worn outdoors thanks to the rubber sole
- Memory foam footbed increases comfort without feeling hot
Recommended For: Men who have hyperhidrosis of the feet and want an airy slipper.
When it comes to finding the perfect slipper for sweaty feet, the design is everything. While a closed-toe slipper can be great for both warmth and comfort, it oftentimes suffocates your feet causing you to sweat profusely. Here’s why we think this slipper is better than the rest:
- The simple yet effective design gets things right
In order to increase airflow through the slippers, a single strap above the foot coupled with a memory foam insole is all you need in a quality house slipper. The RockDove’s do this perfectly with an adjustable velcro strap that makes it work well for any foot size. So whether you have wider than average feet, a higher footstep or your feet often swell, you should have no problem adjusting the strap accordingly.
- Memory foam foot bed and terry cloth lining are comfortable
Forming to the outline of your feet, the memory foam padding on these provide a great bit of support from the heel cup to the tips of your toes. Unlike other slippers that rely on a flat or long fiber fabric which gives moisture nowhere to go, these slippers by RockDove have a terry cloth lining (similar to a bath towel) that is naturally moisture-wicking.
- Machine washable is a welcomed feature
Unlike other men’s house slippers, the RockDove’s are machine washable. Therefore, if they get dirty or are simply starting to stink a little bit, you can toss them into the washing machine. Given that these do have a rubber outsole, you won’t want to wash them with delicate clothing such as silk boxers.
- Ideal slipper for men with sweaty feet
- Memory cushion footbed provides comfort
- Available in several color and size choices
- Minor arch support
What You Need To Know
6. For Hardwood Floors: isotoner Whipstich Memory Foam Moccasin
- The non-slip rubber outsole provides a confident step on tile and hardwood floors
- The moccasin design ensures that the slipper remains secured on your foot
- Terry cloth lining will absorb moisture
Recommended For: Men looking for a house slipper to wear on tile or hardwood floors.
Founded in 1924 (although they didn’t start footwear till the 80s), Totes isotoner has perfected the craft of making quality loungewear including both socks and slippers. The iosotoner Whipstitch Moccasin is a perfect everyday slipper for men that is great to wear on hard floors such as hardwood, tile, and concrete. Here’s what we particularly liked about these slippers:
- Comfort-focused design
While hardwood floors are beautiful, they also have no padding (or give) which may cause back pain in some men. Therefore, having a slipper that provides a bit of cushioning is welcomed. Rather than relying on standard memory foam, isotoner takes it to the next level by also including a gel insert. This helps the sole to retain its shape much better compared to a slipper relying strictly on foam and should also wear much better with time.
- The non-slip sole provides a confident step
If you have freshly cleaned and waxed your hardwood floors, they can become quite slick. Therefore, having a slipper that relies on rubber soles isn’t a nice-to-have, but a must-have. Furthermore, if you want to go check the mail or take the dog for a walk, you should have no problem wearing these slippers outside. The rubber sole won’t leave any marks on your hardwood floor either.
- Microterry cloth fabric helps with moisture management
Unlike so many other cheap slippers on the market that rely on stuffy materials that cause your feet to sweat profusely. These slippers by isotoner should be pretty good at wicking a moderate amount of moisture away from your feet. However, it is worth noting that since these don’t have an open toe, warmth may become a bit too much if you find that your feet sweat excessively.
- Best for hardwood and tile floors
- Extremely affordable compared to other slippers
- Machine washable helps to keep odors away
- Synthetic upper is a compromise
What You Need To Know
For men who found the Sorel Falcon Ridge slipper to be a bit lacking on the heel, they will surely love this alternate design by Sorel in the Manawan slipper line.
This bootie slipper is terrific for men who are looking for full comfort and warmth around their entire foot.
While slip-on slippers can be incredibly annoying if you plan on making a quick jog to take out the trash or run to your car, the Manawan should always stay on your feet.
With the long slit on the top side of this slipper, your feet can comfortably rest in the shoe without having to rely on cumbersome shoelaces or zippers like you would see in inferior brands.
Beyond the expert design by Sorel, this bootie slipper is crafted from the same fine materials found in the Falcon Ridge (leather uppers, rubber soles, etc.) that will be able to serve you for years.
Whether you are buying this as a Christmas or Father’s Day gift (or just yourself), this is an uncompromising boot that is incredibly well made.
With the micro suede upper, the Deer Stag Men’s Wherever clog is perfect for the man that desires comfort yet is always on the move.
If the Baffin’s above were the sleeping bags for your feet, the Deer Stag’s could easily be the sweatpants for your feet.
Built on incredibly comfortable soles, you will likely never want to take the Deer Stags off once you put them on.
Like a nice pair of men’s slip-on shoes, these slippers not only pair great with your pajama pants but will look remarkably well with a pair of denim. So, if you are watching your Sunday morning political programs or perhaps need to run to the bank to deposit a few checks, the Deer Stag slipper could be worn on either occasion.
If you haven’t heard of Deer Stags, don’t be worried, they have been crafting footwear for men and women alike since 1929, it’s clear that they definitely know a few things with it comes to slippers.
Dubbed as being sleeping bags for your feet, these slippers by the Canadian-based Baffin company are truly one of a kind.
Unlike just about any slipper that adheres to one of the design styles we outlined above, the Baffin slipper has a drawstring closure that you would normally see on your favorite outer shell jacket or sleeping bag.
This ensures that the slippers will never accidentally slip off your feet with extended use.
With the nylon outer, the cold air won’t be able to penetrate the shell of this slipper. Beneath the nylon rests a down filling that will be something akin to walking on clouds.
On the underside of these shoes, you have a skid-proof design that will keep your feet firmly in their place while you are walking. Beyond just being simple household slippers, the Baffin’s also can be used while traveling or camping.
With its unparalleled versatility coupled with its lightweight design, the Baffin’s are terrific if you are looking for a new type of slipper.
Whether you are just wanting to get in the festive spirit or you prefer a lightweight slipper sock as opposed to a heavy-duty clog, the Acorn Unisex Slipper Sock is a great option.
With its high calf design, this will be a sure-fire way to keep you warm from the knee down.
With its unique blend of cotton and wool, the natural fiber fabric will help to regulate temperature to keep moisture at bay while providing warmth.
What sets these socks apart from the rest of the pack is that it has a suede sole that will withstand the toughest conditions. This is a great way to provide both traction and keep water splashes from getting your toes and fabric wet.
Initially when looking at the slipper, one would think that this slipper likely features no support since it closely mimics a sock. However, that couldn’t be further from the truth. For the insole of this slipper, there are several layers for maximum comfort.
Being that there is no true leather shell around these slippers, they are going to be one of the most compact slippers that you can take with you when traveling.
Overall a terrific slipper for those looking for a non-traditional slipper that allows you to choose from one of the several low-key or funky design patterns to satisfy any man’s taste.
While many slippers may be breathable due to the use of natural fibers, this just isn’t enough for some men. To fully account for men who want to ensure that their toes don’t feel like they are suffocating or creating a swampy mess every day (and likely causing foul odors in their presence), then they will welcome this unique design by Old Friend.
Why is this slipper so unique from a standard open toe slipper?
Here’s the deal:
Men who experience that sweating sensation when wearing slippers likely just get it around their toe area (not their heels). Therefore, with this slipper design, you will get a flow of air coming in from the front, while keeping the rest of your foot relatively warm with its unique closure.
Therefore, if you live in mild climates (i.e. Virginia and south), these slippers will likely be an excellent compromise in breathability and comfort.
Beyond its open-toe design, the Old Friend step-in slippers will also be great for light outdoor use with its rubber sole. So, if you want to grab a newspaper, a cup of joe, and sit outside by the pool or back patio, these slippers will work great.
3 Tips for Buying Slippers
Here we share a few considerations you should think about before making your purchase:
1. Different Types of Slippers
Whether you end up buying a slipper for yourself or someone else, its important to know just all the different cuts and options that exist when selecting a pair:
- Boot: While not exactly the UGGs that your kid sister may wear while sipping a Machiata-who-knows-what, boot slippers can be an excellent choice for men who are making their winter escape to extremely cold climates. With its mid-calf height, this style will help to keep your feet warm in the harshest of winter mornings.
- Loafers & Slip-Ons: Like a loafer for dress shoes, this style cut of slippers is easy to take on and off. While most come without laces, slip-ons and loafers will fully encompass both your toes and heel. Depending on the cut of the slipper, the top of your foot may be exposed in this design.
- Mules & Clog: Unlike loafers and slip-ons, these won’t cover your heel. However, the front part of these slippers will fully envelop your toes and the top part of your feet (think Crocs style). These are great if you have limited mobility.
- Novelty: If you are on a trip to a world-class theme park in Florida or have some children that you love entertaining, novelty slippers are a fun way to wake up. Just know that novelty slippers often provide little support or warmth.
- Orthopedic: If you have nagging heel or back pain, an orthopedic slipper will have built-in support through several layers within the insole. These slippers can be helpful if you have heel spurs or plantar fasciitis.
- Moccasins: Harkening back to their Native Americans roots, moccasins are traditionally crafted from animal hides and cover both your toes and heels. With their lightweight design, many men may wear a moccasin around the house and light outdoor use (i.e., checking the mail, taking out the garbage). These are incredibly versatile and durable.
- Traction Socks: Wildly popular in the early 90s through brands like Totes, traction socks are typically a bit thicker than your traditional athletic sock. Beyond the fabric weight, traction socks will have plastic grips along the bottom of the sock to prevent accidental slips (especially on hardwood flooring).
2. Material & Design
Consider the following:
- Toe Design: Slippers will either be open or closed-toe. Closed-toe provides more warmth but allows for bacteria and smelly odors to arise. Open-toe is the exact opposite – increased airflow may cause your toes to be cold but will prevent odor. If you go with a closed-toe slipper, make sure it is machine washable should it begin to smell.
- Outer Shell: Men’s slippers will have an exterior made from animal hide, artificial, or natural fibers. Unless you wear the slippers in a freezing climate, the outer shell is largely for decorative purposes – select an exterior based on style or washability.
3. Additional Features
Here are a few additional features that you may want to consider:
- Memory Foam Cushioning: This increases comfort when walking and can also help to alleviate some lower back pain that you may otherwise experience in thin soles.
- Shock Absorption: Like memory foam cushioning, shock absorption slippers are designed to withstand heavy use while providing adequate support for your feet.
- Antimicrobial Additives: Some companies may add antimicrobial additives such as Ultra-Fresh to help prohibit the growth of bacteria. If you find that your feet sweat easily, it may be worth buying a pair of slippers with this additive.
- Slip Resistant: If you have slick floors or simply want more confidence with each step, consider slip-resistant slippers. This can also be a safe choice should you be wearing your slippers outdoors during the winter months.
- Diabetic Slippers: Diabetic slippers have been designed to prevent skin breakdown due to poor blood circulation. You can find this type of slipper at specialty retailers such as Zappos, Dr. Comfort, and more.