Simply one of the best pre shave oils that we reviewed comes from the Pacific Shaving Company, and here’s why:
You can look at every single metric, and they are all critical, but the key point you are looking for when it comes to any shaving oil is going to ultimately be the performance of the actual product.
In this instance Pacific Shaving Company’s shaving oil delivers in a great delicate balance in the viscosity of the oil. Not so thick that it feels like you are going to be scrubbing it off for the next day and not so thin that you feel like it doesn’t actually do anything.
In addition to having a great viscosity, it also doesn’t feel sticky like some of the other popular shaving oils on the market today.
When used with a double edge safety razor or cartridge razor, this shaving oil will help make the blade glide effortlessly with no rubbing, tugging, or bumpiness. Which will ultimately deliver a pretty comfortable shave that should be razor burn and razor bump free.
Being compromised of all natural ingredients that are both eco and animal friendly, this shaving oil contains the following:
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil
- Coco-Caprylate/Caprate (Plant Derived)
- Sorbitan Oleate (Plant Derived)
- Polysorbate-20 (Coconut Derived)
- Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil
- Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil
- Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil
- Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract
- Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice
- Aleurites Moluccana Seed (Kukui Nut) Oil
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
- Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil
- Menthol (Analgesic)
- Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil
In addition to all the great carrier and essential oils, it also contains tocopherol which provides Vitamin E. As we covered at the beginning of this article, Vitamin E is key for anti aging as well as a few other skin care benefits.
If we had one gripe about this product, it would be the same as the Shave Secret, the price.
On a price per ounce, its relatively expensive (roughly $14). This shaving oil comes in a .5oz size and will typically cost about $7 online.
A added bonus of this product is that its made in the USA.
The general consensus for this oil online in both a qualitative and quantitative perspective are pretty favorable.