Silk boxers are a terrific way to dial up the heat in the bedroom while keeping your bits nice and cool.
The best silk boxers should be made with quality-sourced silk, feel great, resist tearing or ripping, and compliment your body type like the Derek Rose boxers we reviewed below.
In this review and guide, we not only review some of the most popular silk boxer brands currently available on the market, but we also go over a few considerations you should think about when making a purchase.
Let’s take a look:
The Best Silk Boxers Reviewed 2021
The boxer short gets an overhaul with these redesigned men’s shorts. Traditionally, boxer shorts of this type would bunch and get tangled, but because these boxer shorts have less material in the back, the bunching is reduced to a minimum.
The seam is flat and does not wrinkle, and the leg holes are wide and straight, which allows them to hang down comfortably without rubbing against your legs. The result is a fantastic wearing experience for you, and comfort that lasts all day long.
They are rather short in the inseam, but it should not cause too many problems for most men. These shorts are roomy, but not too roomy, and they definitely aren’t too tight anywhere.
The INTIMO Men’s Classic Silk Boxers are a classic and affordable boxer that is available in several colors (10 total at the time of publication) and sizes (SM – 1XL).
With a simple, no-frills design, these boxers will be great to wear whether you are just lounging around the house and want a soft pair of underwear to wear during the day.
By relying on 100% momme silk, it is quality silk that feels nice against your skin and should meet your expectations.
Rather than relying on a visible button fly, like others, these silk undies have a discrete two-button fly that is beneath the fabric flap.
Lastly, you can machine wash these (gentle cycle) – so no trips to the dry cleaner will be necessary.
These silk boxers by Majestic International are handsomely crafted and are exceptionally comfortable to wear.
They are made from 100% silk, meaning they are a little slippery, but otherwise very lightweight while being worn. The elastic band helps keep the boxers up without being constricting or pinching in any way, and the wide leg holes maintain a wide breadth of motion so you don’t feel constricted while walking around. These shorts can be used as day wear or for sleeping attire, as they do not ride up while wearing.
The single button on the fly is great for opening and closing the fly without too much hassle. These shorts fit true to size and are available up to a 46-inch waist (XXL).
Based out of New London, Connecticut, Fishers Finery is an expert in all comfort wear. Makers of silk pillowcases, robes, and of yes, silk boxers, they have perfected the art of lounging in total and complete comfort.
By relying on 100% Pure Mulberry Silk, they provide that smooth and soft feel that you are after. Whether you are wearing these under a nice pair of dress pants while at the office or hanging out on a Friday evening with your significant other, these will feel like absolute bliss.
Available in several sizes and colors, you should have no problem finding the perfect style.
As for construction quality, these boxers by Fishers Finery rely on classic french seams that should lay flat against your skin and never tear or break down with time.
The Royal Silk Glowing Satin Silk Boxers are a great way to add a splash of color to your underwear game. Available in 11 very different, and in some cases, very bold colors make this great for those men that want to add a bit of vibrance to their wardrobe.
Beyond the colors, these boxers are also available in several sizes including Small to 3XL – allowing just about any man to slide these boxers on.
Once on, you will find these to be quite comfortable (especially for a pair of silk underwear), thanks in large part to the three-panel construction. Secondly, the button fly also makes going to the bathroom a breeze as you can undo it for easy access with just a single hand.
Unlike virtually all other silk boxers that require you to hand wash them, these are machine washable making cleaning pretty easy (although we would recommend using a washer bag so they don’t get caught on zippers).
One note worth mentioning is that each boxer is sold individually. Therefore, you may want to consider adding a few to your cart if you are looking for enough to last between laundry days.
For men that want boxers that haven’t been sourced from silkworms (but still look and feel like silk), then the Tony & Candice Men’s Satin Boxers are a great alternative.
Having a similar texture as luxury silk, these pair of boxers were made from a satin polyester fabric that is much more durable and affordable.
Given that these are synthetic, you don’t have to worry about hand washing or dry cleaning as is common in some of the higher-end silk boxers, instead, you can toss these into the washer and dryer with the rest of your underwear.
Available in several colors and quantities, you should have no problem finding the right one for your unique style.
The boxers do rely on a satin-wrapped elastic waist that shouldn’t cause any discomfort when worn for extended periods.
Silk Boxers Buying Guide
When buying silk boxers, you will want to know the following:
1. Silk and Satin are Different
While the scope of our review only covers silk boxers, it’s important to know that many companies try to market their silk boxers under other names – primarily satin. Here’s why they are distinctly different:
- Silk: Sourced from cocoons, silk is a natural protein fiber that provides a nice shimmering appearance that is also highly breathable (source). What makes it so unique, other than it being intensely comfortable, is that silk won’t stick to or pull on your skin, even if you are warmer.
- Satin: While similar in both the feel and look of silk, satin is artificial and has reduced breathability. Satin will trap moisture, making it uncomfortable, especially when worn under a pair of jeans. Additionally, satin may sometimes be marketed as ice silk.
The intent is everything when it comes to finding the perfect pair of silk boxers. Here are a few differences between each of them:
- Intimate: Sexy silk boxers are designed for one thing and one thing only – for easy access and removal. These boxers will often feature a more aggressive cut on the fabric and a fly with easy access. Secondly, the waistband for these types of silk boxers will usually be elastic for easy removal.
- Underwear: Many men love silk for the gentle touch of the fabric on their skin. So it would only make sense that men would love to wear this all day long. Given the high breathability of this fabric, along with its low chance of causing sweat buildup, silk is favored by men, particularly in warmer climates. A button fly and performance cut here will make everything even more comfortable.
- Sleepwear: Sleepwear or loungewear silk boxers should be a bit roomier to allow for more air circulation and comfort while sleeping. We would recommend going with a covered waistband or even a drawstring for optimal comfort.
3. Waist & Fly
While we won’t dive too deep into all the different cuts and fly options available when it comes to purchasing a pair of silk boxers, consider the following:
- Waist: Options on silk boxers come in two main varieties: drawstring or elastic. Drawstring is great for long-term use, especially if you don’t find yourself buying new boxers regularly and want to stay more secure. Elastic allows for easy-on easy-off; great for both bathroom and intimate use.
- Fly: Most silk boxers come with a fabric fold as they are primarily worn for intimate or sleepwear. If you want some security around your fly, then a single-button fly or no-fly will be your alternative here.
Shawn Burns is the founder and senior editor of Tools of Men. He started this site with the goal of teaching men proper grooming habits and sensible style. Shawn’s expertise includes in-depth product reviews and how-to articles. Shawn was recently featured in the Wall Street Journal for his expertise.